Monday, December 22, 2008

For those about to rock, we salute... Jesus


I try to make it a tradition each year to bring home some new Christmas albums when I visit my folks for the holidays. In the past, I've dug up a classic Frank Sinatra album, a collection of Jazz songs and a CD of international carols. My family has dutifully put them all into Christmas day rotation. This year, however, I am pretty sure my little bro and I will be the only fans of these two gems.
8-bit Jesus is a collection of Christmas songs done totally in video game music. The artist is super-creative Dr. Octoroc, who has tweaked all the classics to sound like a Super Mario Bros. Christmas special. And what's better than titles like "Have Yourself a Final Little Fantasy" and "O Come All Ye Vampires" ? I'll tell you-- you can download this sucka for FREE, but hey, it's Christmas, so make a donation, wontcha?

When we were kids, my family would take my brother and me to Christmas Eve mass, where we'd get to sing some of the more churchified holiday carols like "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." I never thought I would hear some of these saintly songs sung by devil worshippers like Ronnie James Dio and Alice Cooper! (Just kidding.) Those carols sound much better with a healthy dose of metal-- just grab a copy of We Wish You a Metal Christmas... and a Headbanging New Year and listen for yourself. Bad fucking ass.

Thanks to Pete for finding me these albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment